Averys Cellars, Wednesday 26th June 2019 7.00pm to 9.00pm
Averys has a long history with New World wines – we were the first to import wines from New Zealand (before they had even planted Sauvignon Blanc!) and we pioneered wines from America, Australia and South Africa. New world countries have since made wine more approachable, appealing to a wider audience by printing the grape variety on the label and making fruit forward, rich, powerful styles. To celebrate we wanted to highlight our current favourites from these regions, guiding you through a tasting of eight specially selected wines.
• This is a seated tutored tasting with specially selected chesses from the Arch House Deli.
• If you would like to sit with anyone else who has already booked please let us know in advance by e-mailing our Tastings Manager Frank Mason.
• We’ll be tasting 8 different wines throughout the evening and each one will be explained by our wine enthusiast. These tastings are designed for people of all levels of wine knowledge from the beginner with a thirst for knowledge to the expert with a cellar full of wine looking for the next big thing.
• Discount will be available on all wines tried, plus free delivery on all orders of 6 bottles or more.
• Although we don’t send out any physical ticket, we are able to send out gift certificates. Please contact Frank and he will send out a gift certificate via post or email.
•Please note that full refunds/credits can not be given on any tickets two weeks before the event, unless we are able to re-sell your tickets.
Forgot your password?Click here to have a new one sent to you.
Averys began in 1793 and over the years, the family has built its reputation as one of the UK's most pioneering wine merchants. Today, it is 5th generation Mimi Avery introducing a new generation of wine lovers to Averys. At the heart of what we do - and have done for over 225 years - is share our passion for wine. We love discovering wines with a story to tell – whether for everyday drinking or fine wines for the cellar. So, if you're looking for 'real' wines, full of character and flavour, then welcome to Averys.