Averys Cellars, Saturday 19th October 2019 2.00pm to 6.00pm
Intro to Wine Tasting
Are you someone that wants to know more about wine but doesn’t quite know where to start? Join us for an intimate tasting session in our historic cellars, with artisan bread, cheese and pâté included. A glass of champagne will greet you before we guide you through the wine basics including how to taste like a pro, as well as answering those questions you’ve always wanted to ask. We’ll examine food and wine matching, de-code wine labels and explore the classic regions from France through to the New World - all with the aid of wine of course!
No prior knowledge required as we'll guide you through the world of wine. If you've ever looked endlessly at a wall of wine in the supermarket or haven't been sure to pick the Merlot or Malbec on the wine list then this is the course for you! This will be a small and intimate group tasting that will give you the chance to ask all of those questions about wine that you haven't had the chance to ask before
• This is a seated tutored tasting with specially selected chesses from the Arch House Deli.
• If you would like to sit with anyone else who has already booked please let us know in advance by e-mailing our Events Team Averys Events.
• Throughout the tasting we'll be tasting 16 different wines and each one will be explained by our wine enthusiast. These tastings are designed for people of all levels of wine knowledge from the beginner with a thirst for knowledge to the expert with a cellar full of wine looking for the next big thing.
• Special offers and discounts will be available on all wines tried, plus free delivery on all orders of 12 bottles or more.
• Although we don’t send out any physical tickets, we are able to send out gift certificates. Please contact the Events Team and they will send out a gift certificate via email.
•Please note that refunds /credits can not be given on any tickets two weeks before the event, unless we are able to re-sell your tickets.
Forgot your password?Click here to have a new one sent to you.
Averys began in 1793 and over the years, the family has built its reputation as one of the UK's most pioneering wine merchants. Today, it is 5th generation Mimi Avery introducing a new generation of wine lovers to Averys. At the heart of what we do - and have done for over 220 years - is share our passion for wine. We love discovering wines with a story to tell – whether for everyday drinking or fine wines for the cellar. So, if you're looking for 'real' wines, full of character and flavour, then welcome to Averys.