Averys Cellars, Wednesday 24th April 2019 7.00pm to 9.00pm
Does Italian wine confuse you with its myriad of grape varieties and seemingly endless wine regions? For this tasting we’ll help you to breakdown the vast landscape by focusing on three main areas – Piedmont, Veneto and Tuscany. To give you a better understanding of these classic regions, as we taste we’ll discuss what makes them so special, which grape varieties are used, their unique wine making techniques and the long wine-making history. If you have previously steered away from Italy through fear of being overwhelmed or if you just have a love for the country, then this is the tasting for you!
• This is a seated tutored tasting with specially selected chesses from the Arch House Deli.
• If you would like to sit with anyone else who has already booked please let us know in advance by e-mailing our Tastings Manager Frank Mason.
• We’ll be tasting 8 different wines throughout the evening and each one will be explained by our wine enthusiast. These tastings are designed for people of all levels of wine knowledge from the beginner with a thirst for knowledge to the expert with a cellar full of wine looking for the next big thing.
• Discount will be available on all wines tried, plus free delivery on all orders of 6 bottles or more.
• Although we don’t send out any physical ticket, we are able to send out gift certificates. Please contact Frank and he will send out a gift certificate via post or email.
•Please note that full refunds/credits can not be given on any tickets two weeks before the event, unless we are able to re-sell your tickets.
Forgot your password?Click here to have a new one sent to you.
Averys began in 1793 and over the years, the family has built its reputation as one of the UK's most pioneering wine merchants. Today, it is 5th generation Mimi Avery introducing a new generation of wine lovers to Averys. At the heart of what we do - and have done for over 220 years - is share our passion for wine. We love discovering wines with a story to tell – whether for everyday drinking or fine wines for the cellar. So, if you're looking for 'real' wines, full of character and flavour, then welcome to Averys.