Averys Cellars, Friday 29th November 2019 7.00pm to 9.00pm (Bar until 11pm)
The Back Row Choir
There have been Lay Clerks singing in Bristol Cathedral since it became a cathedral in 1542: the first six Lay Clerks’ names are known. That tradition continues in the daily rhythm of Evensong, largely unchanged over the past 500 years. More recently, the Lay Clerks have been joined by four Choral Scholars, often students at the University of Bristol, and together they form ‘the back row’ of the Cathedral Choir: boy and girl trebles from Bristol Cathedral Choir School make up the front row. The cathedral choir tours a foreign country every two years, performs regularly on BBC Radio 3, and recently has performed live on BBC One, appeared in part in the Starz TV series “The White Princess”, and cut a brand new CD A Year at Bristol.
With a 10 piece choir singing a mix of classic, modern and Christmas themed songs, matched with some delicious wines in the wonderful surrounding of our historic cellars - this is going to be a full night to entertainment!
• This is a seated event with specially selected cheeses from the Arch House Deli to add to the experience
• If you would like to sit with anyone else who has already booked please let us know in advance by e-mailing our Events Team on Events.
• We’ll start with a glass of fizz before taking our seats to enjoy a selection of upbeat and exciting tunes that have been specially paired with 5 different wines and each one will be explained by our wine enthusiast and why it was picked for the music. These tastings are designed for people of all levels of wine knowledge from the beginner with a thirst for knowledge to the expert with a cellar full of wine looking for the next big thing.
• We'll also be opening up the bar after the show to continue the night, with a license until 11pm.
• Although we don’t send out any physical ticket, we are able to send out gift certificates. Please contact Frank and he will send out a gift certificate via post or email.
Forgot your password?Click here to have a new one sent to you.
Averys began in 1793 and over the years, the family has built its reputation as one of the UK's most pioneering wine merchants. Today, it is 5th generation Mimi Avery introducing a new generation of wine lovers to Averys. At the heart of what we do - and have done for over 225 years - is share our passion for wine. We love discovering wines with a story to tell – whether for everyday drinking or fine wines for the cellar. So, if you're looking for 'real' wines, full of character and flavour, then welcome to Averys.