Averys Cellars, Friday 1st February 2019 7.00pm to 9.00pm (Bar until 11pm)
Claire Northey's Petit Soleil String Quartet
French violinist Claire Northey brings an air of the North African coast to the UK. Between trip hop and world music, with looped beats & vocals, Claire’s music is inspired by her time writing for theatre productions in France, Egypt and Morocco. She performs solo or with guest horn player Nick Oakley who features on her debut album Mavromati.
In 2015, Claire was a writer/ collaborator with DJ Yoda & The Breakfast of Champions. Their LP won album of the day on BBC Radio 6 and the project toured the UK at venues & festivals such as Kentish Town Forum, Camden Jazz Cafe, Glastonbury, Bestival and Boomtown.
With a stellar line-up of some of Bristol's finest musicians, expect a program packed with both swinging upbeat songs and smooth soulful standards from songbooks old and new. https://youtu.be/YasQmAyFF5A
• This is a seated event with specially selected cheeses from the Arch House Deli to add to the experience
• If you would like to sit with anyone else who has already booked please let us know in advance by e-mailing our Tastings Manager Frank Mason.
• We’ll start with a glass of fizz before taking our seats to enjoy a selection of upbeat and exciting tunes that have been specially paired with 5 different wines and each one will be explained by our wine enthusiast and why it was picked for the music. These tastings are designed for people of all levels of wine knowledge from the beginner with a thirst for knowledge to the expert with a cellar full of wine looking for the next big thing.
• We'll also be opening up the bar after the show to continue the night, with a license until 11pm.
• Although we don’t send out any physical ticket, we are able to send out gift certificates. Please contact Frank and he will send out a gift certificate via post or email.