Averys Cellars, starting Monday 21st January 2019 for 6-weeks 7.00pm to 9.00pm
Averys Beginners Guide to Wine Tasting
Your chance to learn about wines from around the world in the relaxed setting of our historic cellar
This 6 weeks course is ideal for people who want to get the most out of each drop. Learn about wine making techniques, food & wine matching and how to taste a like a pro. Each week we'll taste 6 wines and discuss the journey from vine to wine to help you better understand the complexity in each glass.
No prior knowledge required as we'll guide you through the world of wine. If you've ever looked endlessly at a wall of wine in the supermarket or haven't been sure to pick the Merlot or Malbec on the wine list then this is the course for you! This will be a small and intimate group tasting that will give you the chance to ask all of those questions about wine that you haven't had the chance to ask before
• Monday 21st January - How to Taste like a Pro, Food & Wine Matching, and Wine Making Tricks
• 28th Jan - Wines of France - Loire, Alsace, Burgundy, Bordeaux, Rhone and the Languedoc
• 4th Feb - Spain and Portugal - More than Just Rioja?
• 11th Feb - Italian Highlights - Barolo to Chianti to Sicily
• 18th Feb- Best of the New World - Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Chile, Argentina and America
• 25th Feb - Sparkling, Fortified and Sweet
• This is a seated tutored tasting.
• If you would like to sit with anyone else who has already booked please let us know in advance by e-mailing our Tastings Manager Frank Mason.
• We’ll be tasting 6 different wines throughout each evening and each one will be explained by our wine expects.
• Discount will be available on all wines tried, plus free delivery on all orders of 6 bottles or more.
• Although we don’t send out any physical ticket, we are able to send out gift certificates. Please contact Frank and he will send out a gift certificate via post or email.
•Please note that full refunds/credits can not be given on any tickets two weeks before the event, unless we are able to re-sell your tickets.